Thursday, August 11, 2011

I am exploring a job position with NetApp Sales in the Midwest (Missouri). I've had two interviews and expect a half-dozen more before the process is complete. I could wax on about my feelings, the highs and lows I have felt while consideering variables like a higher wage, moving my wife and kids 22 hours away, relocating away from both Melissa's and my families. I am not going to wax on about the strange emotional roller coaster. Let it suffice that there have been some sleepless nights while we are considering our options.

We are praying a lot, and ask that you do the same for us. With the state of the economy, the idea of moving out of our support net is a bit spooky. I believe God will guide all of us if we will allow Him room to do so. I am not the most religious person ever, but I do believe God loves me, and wants me to be happy. :)

The other considerations I have been making are about the nature of work, and how it relates to me, how it intertwines with my own cultural views. So allow me to post a few points which matter to me:

-My work needs to be meaningful.
-My work must fill a commercial need, and my efforts must be noticed.
-I need to be a contributing member of a team.
-The team which I am part of must have a corporate philosophy of corroboration.
-My family and I must prosper.
-Live where I work/minimal travel. I will see my children grow up.

Regardless of where I end up, I am thankful to be working. Lots of folks have been unemployed for months and months, and have given up hope. I hope our country can dig itself out of the hole we're all in, and I am very glad to be currently employed.

-Jay

No comments: