Sunday, August 08, 2010

It's been nearly a month since my last post, the rant about 'Inception' (I still feel it is a worthy film, btw, even after a month's worth of percolation). What have I been up to?

Time with Melissa and our kids

Work

Writing in my Moleskine

Driving in my paid for suburban with the windows rolled down (no AC)

Gardening

What are my recent developments?

I've cut the umbilical with Facebook--I log in maybe once a week to check updates

I have started lifting weights again

I finally got around to seeing "Despicable Me", "Shrek 4", and "Ironman 2"

I opened a checking account after going all cash for nearly three months

My kids have lost four teeth, gained 12 teeth, and think CTR rings come from the tooth fairy (LOL!)

I finally read Brandon Sanderson's "Mistborn" trillogy

I got a case for my ukulele

I learned about Philip Achille

I watched all the "Survivorman" DVDs

I got to shoot my new rifle

I finally got around to cleaning the toilets (sorry babe!)

I got to help my cousin Sara in her two day yard sale/fund raiser (who knew Cache County had such good yard sale traffic?)

The grapevine I planted 3 years ago finally has fruit on it!

I picked blackberries and apricots

My garden is doing well

-Jay

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Is Brandon Sanderson the guy that is finishing Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" series? Tell me we aren't both geeks about the same books! If so, why did I not know we had so much in common when I was 16!

Jarubla said...

Jamie,

He is one and the same--great books!

Pick up ANYTHING else by him and you'll be impressed. Mistborn is very good, I also quite liked Warbreaker and Elantris. Read on!

-Jay