Saturday, April 03, 2010

Is Jay Inactive? Does He Still Believe?

I am writing this on Easter Weekend, while some thoughts about a recent conversation my wife had concerning our church attendance are still fresh.

Pardon my rough-hewn planks of thought; if you know me, I am the atavistic sort, not quick witted, but have to think and edit, pounding out my thoughts instead of speaking them freely.

I want to allay some fears about me.

I may not be a super active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, but I believe. I believe in the divinity of the Book of Mormon. I believe that God the Father and Jesus Christ the Savior appeared to the boy Joseph Smith as he knelt and prayed. I believe in the power of the Priesthood. I believe God, my Heavenly Father hears and answers my prayers.

I feel my savior Jesus Christ's love. I know he atoned for me, died and was resurrected for me.

I love my family, I love my wife, I love my kids. I want to be with them forever.

I am not by any means a saint, I cuss, I sin, I fail at times. But I know the gospel of Jesus Christ is true, and I look forward to the resurrection when all knees will bow and all tongues will confess that He is the Christ. I look forward to His Millennial reign.

To my family out there who may wonder about me, please don't. I believe. I acknowledge Thomas S Monson as the prophet, I love the Book of Mormon.

I love you all and want you to not worry about me. Pray for me, absolutely! I will continue to pray for all of you. If we are all praying for each other, what time is there for worry? Melissa and I keep you all in our prayers.

I am thankful to my loving Father in Heaven for so very much and am hopeful that He will always lead me to Him.

Thanks for listening and Happy Easter

-Jay

No comments: