Tuesday, May 26, 2009

For Graham (or Graeme, however you name will be)

I walked tonight, into work
Under the silence of the trees
I thought of you and smiled, son
wondering at your appearance

The moon hung above me
pale waxing sliver, in the sky
A thin slice of crescent white
hiding the greater black opalescence

oh tangible ghosts! I feel you
what waxing hopes you bring
to grow under these silent trees
my heart keeps time with your unborn one

storms were here but a day ago,
bearing down in liquid manifestations
wetting the earth, the loam
I felt the thunder crying out on the roof

And how soon ‘till her womb
releases its new grown life
gravity breaking those waters loose
but a day from now, a day.

Both moons and wombs offer
swelling hopes, and pregnant prospects
each growing in their expectancy
dilation over time into round fullness.

We wait for the changing tides! A few more hours
‘till her scheduled induction
and our longed for introduction
for you, fourthborn child, and brand new hope

-Jay
5/25/09

2 comments:

Lara said...

Gah! Beautiful. So excited for both of you!

Beth said...

Beautiful Jay.