Thursday, April 24, 2008

Snow? On Freaking April 24th?

Its April 24th 2008 @ 4:00 p.m. and the weather is stormy and snowy. Who would've thought we'd be having snow a month into this 2008 spring season? Wow. I mean, I know we're in a desert and all, and all the moisture we can get is a good thing. But honestly! Rain should be falling, not snow! April showers bring May flowers n' all. I think the nursery rhyme is confused today.

To add insult to injury, I am off on PTO today. Days off are supposed to be sunny--where birds sing in the trees, butterflies follow you around when you step out the door, and manna falls from the heavens. It's a day off after all.

OK, OK. In all reality today has been a nice day off. I got to hang out with Melissa and the kids this am. I talked with Dan-o on the phone. I rode my motorcycle down to Provo and got to lift/work out with Dave at BYU.

Variation on a primary song:

I just looked out the window and what did I see? Popcorn popping on every tree. Spring has brought me such a nice surprise, popcorn falling just assaults my eyes. I can take an armful and make a treat, a snow cone ball that would taste so sweet. It was really so, and it seems to me, snow is falling when it should be spring.

So really, I did just look out the window and the sun is pushing through the clouds. In the south they say when it rains and is sunny at the same time the devil is beating his wife. When it snows and it's sunny, well...why don't you post something about that as a reply. Keep it clean, this is after all a family-oriented blog. :)

Anyway. I just wanted to post something today, tomorrow is my 30th birthday (holy crap when did I get that old). I am glad to be spending it at home with Mel, Hyro, Mad, & Milo. I look forward to saying hello as well to all (five or six of) you readers of my blog as well.

-Jay

2 comments:

Jen Jen said...

I don't know what you are talking about...Its like 70-80 degrees here. It h as been since like jan.

Happy early BDAY!!

Jarubla said...

Jen, I am so jealous!