Monday, March 24, 2008

W.O.W. and My Easter Weekend

I work with a bunch a World Of Warcraft geeks. They talk about the game as if it's reality. This is very annoying at 06:00, especially when it goes on for over :45 minutes. Talk about too much too early! Normal human beings on the Monday after a holiday weekend want to sleep at their cubicle when waiting for a call to come through. Not listen to a rant about how great their fantasy gameworld is. :)

Mammas don't let your babies grow up to be WOW'ers
Don't let 'em play consoles and live fake ol' lives
Make 'em be social and date their poor wives
Mammas don't let your babies grow up to be WOW'ers...

Grumpy Jay is tired this am.

This Easter weekend was nice. I did come in to work on Sunday, due to schedule change, but Saturday was great to spend all day with Melissa, and Sunday was great to hang out with my brothers and sisters at Darren & Anna's house in Mapleton. Dave, Dan & I tried to learn how to ride a unicycle. Dave & Dan became very good at it, pedaling about 15 strokes on their best attempts. Becky, Chip & Michelle, Beth, Dave& Toma, and Dan were all there. Mom was home sick (sure missed her), and all our kids were running about the place having a great time. The Easter egg hunt was really great to watch, the adults and some of the bigger kids hid eggs in the front yard, and the little kids hunted them.

The weather couldn't have been better. I heard a meadowlark singing through the afternoon. I got a sunburn. It felt like spring.

-Jay

2 comments:

ANDREA said...

um- im sorry, i dont care if its 6 am or 6 pm i still dont want to hear tech nerds talk about WOW for 45 mins. or even 4 minus 5 mins. but maybe thats just me.

and this paragraph:The weather couldn't have been better. I heard a meadowlark singing through the afternoon. I got a sunburn. It felt like spring. KILLLED me. I dont know why- i just thought the randomness was awesome, well said and hilarious.

Jarubla said...

Andrea,

"45 mins or even 4 minus 5 minutes..." Hillarious.

remember David Spade in Tommy Boy? particularly when Tommy is doing the whole 'Luke I am your father' bit into the fan on his desk and Richard pops his head in: "I can see you're a little busy. My fellow friends and I will just be retiring to the nerdery"

Hello! Nerd alert! I love colleagues. They are so diverse and rich in the nerd culture. :)

-Jay