Sunday, February 10, 2008

Quite Possibly My Quote of the Year...

I like quotes. I'm one of those people that collects them. I read them again and again. Derive meanings from them. Try to pick them apart from another angle.

My favorite this year (and from one of the most determined humans ever) is this:

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"
-Sir Winston Churchill

So think about that a little bit when you day is crap and you feel the same. The courage to continue is what counts.

What does it foster in my thoughts? Sucess is not permanent, it has to be consistently reached for or, The sucesses of now will fade into the mundane of tomorrow. Let balance prevail. Or This moment of failure, is but a small section to the whole aspect of my life.

And for me, this insight into self is invaluable. That is why I like quotes.

Jay

1 comment:

Gretschzilla said...

Brilliant.