Friday, November 09, 2007

A Jot and Tittle of Titles

Books I've read in the past few weeks:

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
Beowulf
Eragon
by Christopher Paolini
Eldest by Christopher Paolini

I am excited for the next of the Eragon books (called the Inheritance Cycle, cycle for the fac that it consists of four volumes). I will have to wait until fall of 08 for that. Thankfully Goodkinds book Confessor is arriving at the Orem Public Library (comlpiments of my own request) on or about the 20th. It is released on the 13th of this month.

Perhaps the family will go by the O.P.L. tonight and see if we can find some new titles. I've heard about the Elfstones of Shanara series, as well as Dragonlance.

Any other book series people are really liking?

-Jay

2 comments:

riotimus said...

The Shannara books are great. "Elfstones" was my favorite of them. Katherine Kurtz' Deryni series is a pretty good read too, but my favorite series has been Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn by Tad Williams.

R.

ANDREA said...

ok jay blair. It is Tuesday 11/20 at 5:14 pm. I just left a book for you to read in your top drawer of your work desk. Your boss that shared the pizza with me and Jim told me where you sit and that it was ok to put it in your drawer. I just finished the book myself minutes ago and it.is.so.good wow it is really good. and i think you will really like it. hopefully you havent already read it. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer.
so so so so so so so good.
so sad and depressing. so funny. so perfectly said. so post-modern. so intense. so amazing. -enjoy-