Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I aint perfect but I gotta keep tryin
I really mean it, ya know I'm not lyin
These days 'round me seem so blessed so real
fancy ribbons twisting how I should feel

Wonder where we'd be if everyone's self saw
those hidden bits 'bout us really aint flaws
nuthin nuthin but the best of us do,
ready-able to discuss somethin true

So baby baby don't you do no more sighin'
it's part of livin', that's what love is for, flyin'
rollin' and rockin' on a sunny ol' path
'times the failures add to justify the math

Just strech your hand out and take hold o' mine
hey baby baby, all around us be fine
the mortgage's creepin and the dr. is due
ain't nuthin' wrong with this shade o' blue

Let's toast a new one, 'cuz it's you and it's me
we got the babies and we really are free
life ain't 'bout the stuff that we could have get
it's 'bout gettin' happy to spite the lurkin' regret

So keep on kickin' while the bull is behind you
you got a red flag, but a cape and some tricks too
we togther gonna make it, and soon we be flyin'
I really mean it, ya know I'm not lyin

-Jay

2 comments:

CwazyLawa said...

You are so talented with your poetry! Keep posting it!
Your baby is coming so soon- how crazy! I remember when you were just announcing when you were pregnant with Madi. Hope your wife is well and comfortable!

AspenLeaf said...

I really like the second stanza:

"Wonder where we'd be if everyone's self saw
those hidden bits 'bout us really aint flaws
nuthin nuthin but the best of us do,
ready-able to discuss somethin true"

I think I'd like to do a 5th Sunday lesson using that for my theme. Thanks for the poetry. You're the best!