Wednesday, October 10, 2007

For James Lowry at work, here is an excuse for me to post up all the books I've completed since my last reading post:

Island of Ghosts by Gillian Bradshaw (would make a damn fine movie)
The Seeing Stone by Kevin Crossley Holland
Master and Commander by Patrick OBrian
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by JK Rowling
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
Faith of the Fallen by Terry Goodkind
At the Crossing Places by Kevin Crossley Holland
King of the Middle March by Kevin Crossley Holland
The Pillars of Creation by Terry Goodkind
Naked Empire by Terry Goodkind
Fablehaven by Brandon Mull
Debt of Bones by Terry Goodkind
Chainfire by Terry Goodkind

Hmmm...this list does seem a bit small. Certanly smaller when I sum them up in a mere nod here. Overall, the books have been very good. Each has held some nice suprises, Holland's books are decidedly for juveniles yet quite meaty, Mull's could be categorized the same. Bradshaw is a gem. Read her works and you'll not be dissapointed.

Anyways, post up the books you have been reading!

Jay

5 comments:

Connie said...

Jay

You probably already know, but the Stephenie Meyer Twilight series is awesome. Robyn, LuAnn and I are hooked,

Connie

CwazyLawa said...

Ditto on the Twilight series, but also for a little gospel inspo... The Peacegiver. It's seriously so amazing. Made me look at things a totally different way.
How's your wife doing? When is she due??

Jarubla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jarubla said...

I just finished the tenth book of The Sword of Truth series, a bare 2 minutes ago. Melissa has been begging me to read the Twilight series, so I start tonight!

Melissa is due in two weeks! The time has flown by. I am really excited to have this little guy here, to have my family grow, to create another circle in tying it all together. Another Miles, like his great grandpa, like his grandpa. Melissa is right at that stage where aches and pains are constant, but she doesn't talk too much about it. She is tough. We have been trying to get out and walk more, and the contractions she has when we're walking, are growing more intense each passing day.

Jen Jen said...

I also want to start the Twilight series...but NOOOOO I have about 20 nursing books that i need to read. No joke. i just feel too guilty reading anything but my textbooks. you better believe that this summer I am going to be reading non stop!