Saturday, August 04, 2007

Work Sucks and Then You Blog

I woke up after another "night" of ten hours sleep to Melissa looking at some blogs belonging to her friends. There were lots of them. I came to the conclusion that some folk must live to blog, and probably are the same ones who wear shirts that declare 'Live To Blog' or some such.

I just blog. Sporadic, not very insightful or crammed with receipes, maybe some of my weirdly perceived altruisms, or a declarartion or two, perhaps a yawp or three. Basically, the blog format for me is an allowance for thre metaphorical B.M. I can write and let the words blossom and come to fruition, then pass on to another idea or thought or comment on an erudite idea.

For that, the blog is fantastic.

Ad on top of it all, folk who know me can view it and comment--calling me out for posting shyte, or supporting a thought with a thought of their own.

So, this lil blogger, who doesn't live to blog, simply blogs. Amen!

Back to the title of my posting. Ugg. Work is hard. I sleep alot. I am thankful for being able to provide for my family, and shouldn't murmur, Lemuel-like, but I do. I try to minimize the murmuring, realizing that we are working to getting ahead, but I feel like I am in a bit of a catch-22. I am a casual employee, and to become a regular, I need to take a test and score at least in the 90th percentile. If I pass, I could get hired on and make $5 more an hour for the exact same work I currently do . I woud really like to move out from my airconditionless and unrepaired-except-for-what-I-fix apartment, but am a tad intimidated at the fact that housing is so damnned expensive. Even if I get a modest POS home, for example the one I rode my motorcycle 30 miles to look at last night, which was inhabited by folk I could only identify as crackers, and needed new everything, I'd be paying 1,100 a month. That was for a home built in 1902, right next to commercial businesses, and needing at the least, new roof, new walls, new insulation, new windows at the cost of $149,900. Ouchie.

So I have been a bit sad to realize that home ownership is going to come at a very big sacrifice to Melissa and myself. We've been preparing, paying off and closing out 4 of our outstanding bills/cards.

I need to remember that old addage, 'Rome wasn't built in a day', and remember too that Rome was built by slave labor. Just kidding. Patience is the key. So I shall finish with the words from a Hymn which you just might recognize:

"Be still my soul, the Lord is on thy side; with patience bear thy cross of grief or pain. Leave to thy God to order and provide; in ev'ry change he faithful will remain. Be still my soul: thy best thy heavn'ly Friend. Thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end."

Love you all, thanks for reading my blog.

Jay

No comments: