Thursday, July 26, 2007

Summer Reading Part Deux

More summer books!

First I'll list the completed ones since the last book posting:

Artemis Fowl and The Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer
The Wolf Hunt by Gillian Bradshaw (a real gem of a book, based on a 12th century poem by Marie de France)
The Transall Saga by Gary Paulsen
The Sand Reckoner by Gillian Bradshaw (fiction, based on the life of that illuminated Greek mathematician Archimedes)
The King of Elflands Daughter by Lord Dunsany (fantasy fiction written very early in the genre's infancy--the work has been compared to "drinking a fine wine")

Next I'll list the ones I'm still reading, but not in situ (hah!):

Synagogue by HA Meek (scrapped reading it 8/4)

Finally the yet to start titles:

Leven Thumps and the Whispered Secret by Obert Skye
Teracotta Summer by Gillian Bradshaw (correction, not Gillian, but Anne, and I scrapped reading it 8/4)
Spartacus by Howard Fast
Harry Potter and the half Blood Prince by JK Rowling
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling

What are you reading these hot muggy days?

-Jay

2 comments:

riotimus said...

Since your last post I have finished "For Whom the Bell Tolls" and read "Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card and I am almost done with "Starship Troopers" by Robert Heinlein. Next will be "Ender's Shadow." I've read them all before, but with audiobooks I sometimes have to take what I can get.

R.

Jarubla said...

Buck,

Great books there! I particularly liked Heinleins book, absolutely nothing like the pitiful movie produced a few years ago. I actually read the book aloud to Melissa and her family while we drove to Idaho one trip when we were dating. Very 50's flavor, in fact that was an aspect of it which I enjoyed.

I do need to read for whom the bell tolls, I've only read excerpts of it for lit classes. And I do like Hemingway (I've read Old Man and the Sea and Islands In The Stream).

Read on!

Jay