Wednesday, January 24, 2007

What does a smaller-than-expected tax return, a mundane menial job, and a tired morning all add up to? That's right! A serious need to listen to Parliamant's Give Up The Funk (Tear the Roof Off the Sucker).

I mean, just listening to the lyrics makles me want to smile. And that is not just because it has become a sort of BYU Football theme song and makes me think of their great season this past year. It is an anthem to tearin the roof off the sucker (the work sucker, the crazzy a-hole customer, your bills, all the frustration, all the mediocrity, the hatred in the world--tear the roof off the sucker!). I am rambling--my PJ bottoms are around my ankles, drool on my chin and I am in an insane ward. Ya know what I mean sucker?

Just read some of the lyrics:

You've got a real type of thing going down, gettin' down
There's a whole lot of rhythm going down
You've got a real type of thing going down, gettin' down
There's a whole lot of rhythm going down

Ow, we want the funk
Give up the funk
Ow, we need the funk
We gotta have that funk

Now sample the song:

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Parliament-Give-Up-Funk/dp/B000001EE1/sr=8-1/qid=1169660664/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-2627324-1707930?ie=UTF8&s=music

And smile with me now, suckers!

-Jay

No comments: