Friday, October 06, 2006

It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring...

OK...I rode my moto scoot to RC Willey just a few minutes ago between rainstorms and I stood behind a guy who I swear was Noah. Or at least a New England Lobsterman. He had a slicker and a beard, and a hook on his left...no...right hand. And a parrot. Definately Noah. He was muttering about all this rain, oh wait, that was me. I mean, what the blazes? This is a friggin desert, not Seattle! Go home Noah! Give me that shiny yellow slicker first though ok?

Saturday is tomorrow. N I C E. I loathe dudgery and the panacea for the rat-race of the nine-to-five involves copious doses of my Melissa, time with the kiddles, hanging out with Dann-o, and working with my older bro. Dave (he is so fun, always has a story to tell me and has a lot to teach about building things). Being with the some of the people I enjoy the most. No punching the clock, no being fixed to "the man's" (lowercase, notice) puppet strings, no monotonous monochrome questions from my co-workers. I am my own man for 24 hrs--until Sunday, then I am owned by "The Man Upstairs" (uppercase), doing the things I like to do. Can I get a hallelujah?!?

Anyways, I am sure to the faithful few readers, this blog is about as enjoyable as listening to a male cat chasing a female in heat (if you've heard it, you know what I mean, HOLY RACKET!! The kind that makes you want to take off your shoes and whack the dumb moony vociferous animal dumb!)

Thanks for your support

-Jay

2 comments:

Gretschzilla said...

You actually have Thirty-eight hours if you got off work at five because Sunday doesn't start until 7 AM. I read that in the Bible, or maybe it was one of those JW tracts.

Jay said...

LOL, JW tracts. Ha ha ha. I am stoked that I have 37 hours. I wonder how many hours I'd have if I converted to Buddhism?

-Jay