Friday, August 11, 2006

Shel Silverstein Anyone??

So, we were ruminating here at work 'bout the Shel Silverstein books Where the Sidewalk Ends and A Light in the Attic. Great books! The interesting thing to me is that the appeal appears to have gone across many demographics and locations. most of my co-workers, wether they are my same age ot even 10 years younger have read the books and they enjoyed them. Slightly rude, at times geared to the slightly crude, but always moral, the tales are great. If you have never read the books, you are in for a treat. Go to your local library and chek them out, you won't be dissapointed.

Sometimes I feel like the monster who yells out with bloody gore "Anyone for Tennis!?!", other times I feel like the boy who gargles his peas.

Life can be challenging at times, but a bit of humor and a differnt perspective can absoutely put a nicer spin on the mundane. Thank you Shel...

www.shelsilverstein.com

-Jay

1 comment:

Melissa said...

We had his books too and I loved them! I think one of my favorite things when I was a kid about it is that the poems/stories were rarely more than a page long... I could stick out reading one page lol.